The frames I look at are epistemological in nature. This is because it is about students' ideas in science.
We can look at the other frames that may be active in the interaction, e.g., the social activity of school frame. Those may (and usually do) play a role in this frame.
Or maybe the thing I am looking as is jsut the epistemological aspect of the frame that is in operation in the classroom at the moment.
One question is, what exactly is a frame? Is it something I use, as a researcher, to help me carve up the data or am I assuming an element of "reality" to the frame? Is the entire interaction contained in "one frame" and that frame has elements of different things in it to give that frame its flavor? Of is it that there are layers of frames- this would imply that the frames are like pieces of acetate that can be moved from one stack to another... this seems a lot more like Minsky than I thought.
But maybe those pieces of acetate are really small. and they come together to create a whole as the context needs. Then it isn't really like Minsky. But then again, maybe I really do mean Minsky.
Is it necessary to tightly define this just yet. What does it mean about this work if it is not yet tightly and operationally defined?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment